Op-ed: Joe Biden and the Truth
by Donna Volmerding
The election of 2020 is the most critical in our lifetimes. I read the position of my local newspaper and I must share another point of view.
Joe Biden has disdain for the truth.
- He has lied about his stance on fracking. On March 15, 2019, he said he wanted “no more subsidies for (the) fossil fuel industry. No more drilling on federal lands. No more drilling, including offshore. No ability for the oil industry to continue to drill, period.” On September 6, 2019, Biden said, “I guarantee you we’re going to end fossil fuel.” In April 2019, vice presidential candidate Kamala Harris said,
- “There’s no question I’m in favor of banning fracking.” But during the vice-presidential debate, Harris said that she and Joe are very clear — they will not ban fracking.
- He said he graduated in the top half of his law class at the University of Syracuse law school. In truth, he graduated at the bottom half of his law class (76th out of 85). He stated that he was the only one in his class to receive a full academic scholarship. Not true. He said he graduated with three degrees; nope, he graduated with one. He said he was named outstanding political science student; he was not.
- He has plagiarized several notables, including Hubert Humphrey, Robert F. Kennedy and British politician Neal Kinnock.
- He said he attended a historically black college or university (HBCU). “I got started out of an HBCU, Delaware State,” Biden said, a claim denied by a representative of the school.
The questionable ethics of Biden and his family.
- Author Peter Schweizer, in his book, “Profiles in Corruption,” states that Biden is the most corrupt vice president ever. He speaks of “the Biden five,” comprised of son Hunter, younger brothers James and Frank, sister Valerie and daughter Ashley. Through a complicated tangle of taxpayer-funded loans and grants, business dealings and consulting fees, these five family members received millions of dollars, cashing in during the Obama administration.
Biden and his vice-presidential candidate, Kamala Harris, refuse to state if they will pack (expand) the Supreme Court.
- In 1983, Biden said that FDR’s attempt to pack SCOTUS was “a bone-head (sic) idea” and a “terrible, terrible mistake to make.” Even the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was opposed to packing the court. Now, Biden states that voters don’t deserve to know what he will do. During the primaries, Harris said, “I am open to increasing the number of people on the Supreme Court.”
Biden foments violence.
- As Antifa riots, burns and destroys our cities and bullies citizens, Biden stated that Antifa is just “an idea.” (No, Joe, that’s the tooth fairy.) He has not denounced the riots, looting and destruction in our major cities. In fact, staffers for Biden and Harris bailed out an alleged child abuser through the Minnesota Freedom Fund.
Biden wants to remove all borders and have U.S. taxpayers pay for healthcare for all illegals. What could go wrong?
Biden wants to enact the Green New Deal, which would essentially ban the internal combustion engine, impede air travel and basically eradicate natural gas for more expensive renewables.
Biden called our troops “stupid bastards.” Trump’s alleged comments about “suckers” and “losers” have been discounted, even by Trump-hater John Bolton, who was with Trump when he was supposed to have said this.
Biden is “mentally deteriorating,” says Democratic strategist Justin Horwitz. His “gaffes clearly indicate that he is not all there anymore.” Democrats are well aware that a Socialist cannot win the presidency, but a “moderate” could win, then step down and let radicals run the country.
These extremists are not your parents’ Democrat party. No, these new Dems are militant Marxists who want to destroy America and its Constitution. Our country is at a crossroads. Will we choose to live in “the best hope of earth” (Abraham Lincoln) or a reincarnation of Venezuela?
Donna Volmerding, a member of the Indiana Policy Review Foundation and editor of “the Fort Wayne Lutheran” for 30 years, is now a freelance writer and editor.